Multi Caliber Survival Rifle Overview
Multi Caliber Survival Rifle
The CDX-MC KRAKEN®, is a multi-caliber rifle using an innovative (patent pending) barrel change system. This multi-caliber system features the lowest shift of point of impact between takedown and reassembly of the same barrel on the market. Cadex CDX-MC uses a traditional barrel to action threading system while incorporating a special tool designed to unscrew and torque its barrel from the breech side. A single screw secures the chassis detachable base for a fast conversion between short and long action calibers. Maintaining the same P.O.I. is critical at extreme range and the Kraken® surpass any other multi-caliber system on the market.
In order for Cadex to offer the best extreme long range sub-MOA precision rifle, Cadex has selected Bartlein Barrels. Teamed with our Cadex designed 1.300” heavy barrel straight taper with barrel band and threaded muzzle for slip on suppressor or muzzle brake. All Cadex barrels are 5R Mil-Spec Match Grade Single point-cut rifling with an optimized twist rate.
Cadex utilizes the DX2 Evo Selectable single or double stage trigger. The Cadex DX2 Evo trigger is a Double Stage Trigger capable of being rapidly converted into a Single Stage Trigger by its operator. Its trigger pull weight can be easily adjusted between 1.5 to 2.5 lbs. If you haven’t figured yet if you prefer a Single Stage or Double Stage Trigger, you can’t go wrong with the DX2 Evo.
Some of the feature of This Multi Caliber Survival Rifle system include:
- Quick caliber change with virtually no shift in point of impact (less than 0.1 mil) on the same barrel.
- Lowest P.O.I. shift of any multi-caliber system on the market
- 416 stainless steel heavy duty1.550″ custom grade bolt action repeater with integrated recoil lug.
- DLC coated 3 lug bolt with 60 degree bolt throw and 43 to 45 HRC hardness: standard, magnum and super magnum, depending upon model
- Cerakote Coating – see our sales team for current colors. Available with full chassis and barrel, or with black barrel and colored chassis
- Muzzle brake ready MX1 included
- V-shaped bedding system: provides a stable platform that eliminates any movement of the action in the chassis
- Mirage control tube: Reduces image distortion from barrel heat
- Kraken Receiver with built-in recoil lug
- Choice of bolt knobs: (A) oversized hatched bolt or (D) rounded bolt knob
- Cadex proprietary fluted taper with Bartlein 5R single cut rifled stainless steel barrels, coated with Cerakote
- Cadex DX2 trigger
- Folding buttstock offers protection to the bolt handle and ultra compact transportation with ultra compact rattle free locking mechanism.
- Folding hinge has offset, cam to remove free play
- Choice of standard full size tool free adjustable butt pad, skeleton butt pad and pro buttstock
- Magazine sleeves are available to fit most magazine types on the market, ACIS type is standard
- Aluminum detachable base: removable for trigger maintenance or tuning without the need to remove the action and lose zero
- Ginger grooved rubberized Ergo grip
- oversized trigger guard and magazine release for easy manipulation and grooves
- full-length top rail available in 20, 30 or 45 MOA, depending upon model chosen – interchangeable.
- 6 Creedmoor 26″ 1:7.5 twist
- 6.5 Creedmor 24″ or 26″ 1:8 twist
- .308 Win 16.5″, 20″, 24″ or 26″ 1:10 or 1:11.25 twist
- .300 PRC 26″ 1:8 twist
- .300 RUM 26″ 1:8 twist
- .300 Norma Magnum 26″ 1:8 twist
- .338 Lapua Magnum 27″ 1:9.5 twist
When Ordering, note your barrel, color choice, top rail cant and bolt knob. Please ask or sales staff for assistance. Ask about optic combo discounts.
You will probably want to add a bipod, ARCA rail, tool kit and an extra barrel and bolt assembly.
With all of these features and the sturdy construction of this chassis system, it is easy to understand why these rifles are desired by so many in both military and civilian circles.