Scar 6.5 Creedmoor For Sale Overview
A commercial variant of the FN MK20 SSR long-used by special operations units, the new SCAR 20S offers a long-range option right out of the box in the longer-range Scar 6.5 Creedmoor For Sale package
Take aim with the all-new FN SCAR® 20S, the latest in battle-proven technology based on the legendary DNA of the 7.62-calibered MK 17 and MK 20 SSR but now available in the next generation of long range precision shooting, the 6.5 Creedmoor.
Perfectly calibrated for long-range precision fire, the FN SCAR® 20S in 6.5 Creedmoor gives you the ability to engage targets exceeding 1,000 yards with ease. The chrome lined barrel of new FN SCAR® 20S will deliver precision accuracy with improved barrel life.
More On Scar 6.5 Creedmoor
The gas-operated piston design and Surefire ProComp 762 muzzle device manage recoil efficiently to improve follow-up shots and maintain target acquisition. Lending further aid is the match-grade, two-stage trigger that breaks crisply at 3.5-4.5 pounds, full-length MIL-STD 1913 rail at 12 o’clock position, and fixed buttstock providing adaptability to fit to each user’s needs through adjustable length of pull and cheek rest height. Now available in black.
The 7.62 NATO-chambered FN MK20 SSR, or Sniper Support Rifle, has been fielded within USSOCOM units over the past decade and promises sub-MOA accuracy out to and beyond 800 yards. The newer 6.5 CM rifle offers extended shooting beyond 1,100 yards. For those not familiar with the 6.5mm Creedmoor, this is highly precise round developed by Hornady in 2007. The 6.5CM has highly accurate balistics and is considered by many to be the successor to the 7.62x51mm medium range sniper round.
The new commercial SCAR 20S 6.5 CM sports much the same platform as the Mk20, including a 20-inch, heavy profile chrome-lined cold hammer forged barrel and an adjustable stock outfitted with numerous MIL-STD-1913 accessory rails at the 3-, 6-, 9-, and 12 o’clock positions. Importantly, it also comes with a factory-installed, double-stage Geissele Super SCAR trigger that provides a 3.5 to 4.5-pound trigger pull.
The gas-operated piston design absorbs recoil efficiently to improve follow-up shots and maintain target acquisition. Lending further aid is the match-grade, two-stage trigger that breaks crisply at 3.5-4.5 pounds, full-length MIL-STD 1913 rail at 12 o’clock position, and fixed buttstock providing adaptability to fit to each user’s needs through adjustable length of pull and cheek rest height.
- CALIBER: 6.5mm Creedmoor
- OPERATION: Short-stroke gas piston
- MAG CAPACITY: 10 Rd.
- WEIGHT: 11.6 lb.
- BARREL LENGTH: 20″
- TWIST RATE: 1:8 RH
- BARREL MATERIAL: 4100 series Chrome Moly Alloy, Chrome Plated, Cold Hammer Forged (CHF)
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Surefire ProComp 762
- TRIGGER: Geissele Super Scar two-stage trigger with 3.5 and 4.5 lb stops.
- Semi-auto only
- Rotating, locking bolt
- Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum
- MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock positions
- no iron sights included
- Hammer-forged, chrome-lined, fully free-floating
- Surefire compensator
- Telescoping side-folding polymer stock
- Fully adjustable for length of pull
- Adjustable cheek piece
- Houge rubber grip with finger grooves
- Ambidextrous safety lever and magazine release
- Charging handle may be mounted on right or left side
- Enlarged trigger guard for easier access when wearing gloves
- Composite polymer trigger module
- Steel or aluminum body
- Low friction follower.